The 28th of September I started writing a new CORBA implementation. The major goal being minimal footprint while being GIOP compatible. The current footprint of a small Hello World style applications implementing one object containing 21 methods is 16024 bytes as an ELF Linux executable. The textsegment is 13008 bytes for the moment.
Currently, I have the base types working and structs, and I've tested interoperability with omniORB, TAO and Sun's Java ORB of the J2SE SDK. It works on both big-endian and little-endian systems.
I reused the omniORB IDL compiler frontend and implemented a new backend for my ORB, which reliefs me from the pain of writing skeletons manually, which I had to do the first days of the implementation.
I've started porting it to eCos but that isn't quiet working yet.